PILOT ONE A SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
PILOT ONE – A SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM is an initiative to create more pilots that all companies can participate in. PILOT ONE is the brain child of then 16 year old Alyssa Schneider who challenged her father by asking what MYGOFLIGHT is doing to help more people become pilots. PILOT ONE stands for ONE AVIATION INDUSTRY, adding ONE PILOT at a time.
“When Aly asked what we were doing to help more people to become pilots our initial reaction was puzzlement. What could we possibly do that would make a difference?” said Charles Schneider, CEO, MYGOFLIGHT. “We don’t have the wherewithal or the skill to find, select and manage people looking for scholarships and be sure that they actually ever become pilots. But the more we thought about, we know plenty of people who do.”
To access the release announcing this program, click here.
INDUSTRY CALL TO ACTION – JOIN PILOT ONE – A SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
MYGOFLIGHT is challenging other companies of all sizes to help the industry create more pilots. If you are in the aviation industry you can contribute your products and services to add to the value of scholarships already being offered. For more information on becoming involved with PILOT ONE, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Charles Schneider on 303-364-7400 x111.
If you are an organization that provides scholarships to people looking to learn how to fly and would be interested in becoming a recipient of the PILOT ONE program, please contact us as well. We will look to expand the programs PILOT ONE can become involved with over time.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED WITH PILOT ONE
- Organizations providing pilot scholarships & participating in PILOT ONE Click Here
- Organizations providing resources to pilots on scholarships through PILOT ONE Click Here
- To participate in PILOT ONE Click Here
ORGANIZATIONS PROVIDING SCHOLARSHIPS WITH PILOT ONE
- “When I got the card from MYGOFLIGHT I immediately picked up the phone and called Charlie.” Said John “Lites” Leenhouts, president & CEO, Sun-n-Fun organization. “We were very excited to have MYGOFLIGHT add to the value of the scholarship funds we provide to people looking to become pilots. We would like to encourage other companies to join PILOT ONE so that we can further enhance the value of our program.”
CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR SUN 'N FUN SCHOLARSHIP
- “Women in Aviation has been providing scholarships for the past 20 years” said Dr. Peggy Chabrian, president, Women in Aviation International. “We are excited to have MYGOFLIGHT add their products to the scholarships we offer making it easier for more people to learn how to fly. They have also contributed a WAI logo’ d version of their top flight bags available on our website whose sales add to our contributions and allow our members to fly showing their pride.”
CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR WOMEN IN AVIATION SCHOLARSHIP
- “We are very excited to lend industry support to MYGOFLIGHT’s PILOT ONE program and to have them add to our scholarship value,” said Mike Tompos, Vice President of Philanthropy, AOPA Foundation. “It is nice to see the industry come up with valuable additions to flight training that we hope others will follow. This contribution will be a big help in encouraging more people finish their flight training and stay active in aviation.”
CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR AOPA SCHOLARSHIP
ORGANIZATIONS PROVIDING RESOURCES THROUGH PILOT ONE
- MYGOFLIGHT provides a gift certificate for the purchase of their products that could be added to existing scholarship programs. MYGOFLIGHT’s iPad kneeboards, mounts and flight bags are very useful to pilots who would otherwise have to purchase these items as they became pilots.